DIET AND NUTRITION
A balanced diet plays a very important role during the treatment of cancer. A dietician can assist you with your diet, as well as recommend vitamin and herbal supplements. The dietician offers individual nutritional support for each patient, planning your diet according to the specific requirements for your type of cancer and the cancer treatment you are undergoing. For example, chemotherapy can affect digestion and absorption of certain foods and vitamins, and will, therefore, require a targeted eating plan.
- Individual diet analysis and meal plans.
- Screening supplements for safety.
- Incorporating current vitamin and mineral supplements.
- Supplying additional food supplements, including vitamins.
- Assisting with the management of weight or weight loss.
- Assisting with general problems such as mouth sores, flatulence, constipation, nausea, sore throat, and swallowing problems.
Salome Viljoen - Wilgers and Unitas Practices: Tel: +27 (0)12 807 2744